We currently have a number of specific vacancies that need a volunteer:
· Match Secretary - involves attending the LTA meetings , involving setting the winter match dates– roughly twice a year and informing the LTA of our team entries for the winter and summer leagues.
This is not an onerous job and does not require the member to be on the committee.
· Wimbledon Ballot – needs someone to oversee the process for the club - the ballot is now automatically run by the LTA so once instigated, the process is very straightforward.
· Court Maintenance - the member keeps an eye on any maintenance issues, would be ideally on the committee ( which only meets on alternate months) and liaise and sort out any court maintenance issues. We currently have a contract with someone who advises on ongoing upkeep.
· Trophy organiser – involves liaising with the club championship organiser, collecting all the trophies prior to Finals Day and organising the engraving of the trophies and the honours board in the club house. Does not need to be on the committee.
· Junior Organiser – involves overseeing the junior section of the club. The juniors have several teams that enter local leagues and the organiser oversees this – allocating parents of team participants to captain their own age group. Would benefit from being on the committee.
If you feel you might be able to take on one of these roles for the club, please contact our chair, Louise Dewar, or Claire Mitchell, club Secretary, for more information.
It makes an enormous difference when everyone helps – if you feel you might be able to help, please let us know.
Updated 09:39 - 4 Nov 2017 by Adam Jesney